Sunday, October 22, 2006

06 R6 REVIEW

I recently, about a month and a half ago, purchased the all new Yamaha R6 in Yamaha Team Blue, and this has been my first bike that I have owned and operated. I have ridden a host of other bikes including a 2001 Katana, a 1999 and 2003 Honda Shadow, and a 2006 Honda Nighthawk, but let me tell you, this is a monster of a bike.
The first thing I noted when I rode it off the lot was the slight lack of low end torque. It is obvious that this bike was meant to scream, but down under about 5,000 rpm, it feels a bit sluggish. Believe me, there are about three speeds on this bike, and they all associate to the movie "Spaceballs." Light speed is below 5,000 rpm, because you still go hecka fast under that engine speed, and it is more than enough to get you around. Between 5,000 and 10,000 rpm is ridiculous speed, because once you hit around 5,000 rpm, it kicks you back, and you think to yourself "Wow, this has got some power." Then between 10,000 and 16,000 rpm, that is what I call ludicrous speed. You go so fast so quickly, you find yourself exceeding the speed limit in under two seconds, even on the freeway.

FROM HTTP://MOTORCYCLES.ABOUT.COM

No comments: